Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 4 Hansard (25 March) . . Page.. 1628..
(1) There were fifty three (53) citizenship ceremonies conducted in the ACT from 1 January 2008 to 26 February 2010.
(2) (a) 2773;
(b) the table at Attachment A outlines the number of citizens conferred at each ceremony.
(3) There is no record confirming which elected representatives at both Federal and Territory level were invited to attend citizenship ceremonies for the period
1 January 2008 to September 2009.
All local and Federal Members of Parliament were invited by email to attend citizenship ceremonies conducted since October 2009 with the exception of one that was conducted in conjunction with the National Multicultural Festival in February 2010. For future efficiency, a new protocol has been devised so that all elected representatives at both Federal and Territory levels will be sent a monthly letter of invitation to attend each ceremony.
(4) A list of elected representatives at a Federal and Territory level that officiated at each ceremony referred to in part (1) is also included at Attachment A.
ACT Housing—foster carers
(Question No 613)
Ms Bresnan asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 24 February 2010:
(1) Does ACT Housing take into consideration whether or not an applicant is a current or ongoing foster carer when considering an application; if so, in what manner does ACT Housing take this into consideration; if not, why not.
(2) How does whether or not an applicant is a current or ongoing foster carer affect ACT Housing's decision when assessing whether an applicant should be placed on any of the three ACT Housing waiting lists (being priority, high needs or standard).
(3) What commitment does the ACT Government, including ACT Housing, have to assisting current or ongoing foster carers in securing stable housing.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Yes. See answer to (2) below.
(2) The Housing Assistance Public Rental Housing Assistance Program (Housing Needs Categories) Determination 2007 (No 1) outlines the criteria used by Housing ACT when allocating a needs category to an applicant. A copy of the determination is attached. The Priority Housing needs category includes families with children at risk of abuse or neglect.