Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 3 Hansard (18 March) . . Page.. 1188..
(1) An email providing a web link to a car pooling survey was sent to approximately 12,500 ACT government email boxes on the 27 June 2008. Approximately 6.5% of staff responded.
The results of the survey show that:
(2) The Government is considering supporting car pooling for its staff in the context of integrated transport planning and a range of funding priorities.
Environment—cat containment areas
(Question No 557)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 11 February 2010:
(1) Are new residents in areas where cat containment policies are in operation, such as Bonner, being informed of these policies.
(2) What monitoring and enforcement of cat containment policies is undertaken in Bonner and other suburbs where these policies are operating.
(3) Which Canberra suburbs have cat containment policies operating.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The ACT Government has made substantial media comment on the legal position of cat containment in Forde and Bonner. Requirements have been repeated, through the media a number of times, with the latest being reported in the Canberra Chronicle dated 15 February 2010.
The ACT Government, through a direct grant to the Conservation Council, has provided funding for educational material to be developed and distributed in the Gungahlin area.
The development of the sub-division known as Forde/Bonner is being project managed by a joint venture between Delfin and Lend Lease. The developers have engaged a consultant responsible for interviewing prospective land purchasers. The consultant explains the virtues of living in Forde/Bonner, including information on cat containment, as containment is considered of benefit to residents.
(2) Domestic Animal Services (DAS) rangers are responsible for patrolling all ACT suburbs including the cat containment suburbs of Forde and Bonner. DAS have a number of humane cat traps available for use by the public and respond to all public