Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 3 Hansard (18 March) . . Page.. 1186..
Housing ACT—maintenance costs
(Question No 549)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 11 February 2010:
What was the average cost of maintaining Housing ACT properties for 2009 by different dwelling type.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
The average cost of maintaining Housing ACT properties in 2009:
Planned Maintenance and upgrades
Older Persons Accommodation
The above figures do not include common area cleaning and horticultural maintenance undertaken in communal areas of multi unit sites.
Environment—cat containment areas
(Question No 550)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Land and Property Services, upon notice, on 11 February 2010:
(1) Are new residents in areas where cat containment policies are in operation, such as Bonner, being informed of these policies at the point of land sale.
(2) What information is given to prospective owners and residents at point of sale.
(3) Can the Minister provide relevant information given to prospective residents of cat containment areas.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Yes, potential purchasers are informed prior to sale and at the point of sale. The Lease and Development conditions provided to potential purchasers prior to sale outline cat containment requirements.
(2) Potential purchasers are informed of the cat containment policy for Bonner prior to and at the point of sale as mentioned above.
At the point of sale purchasers are directed to the LDA website for further information about keeping a cat in the ACT. In addition to this, the LDA website also provides links to the Department of Territory and Municipal Services web site for further information on cat consignment.