Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 3 Hansard (18 March) . . Page.. 1185..
(5) The Canberra Spatial Plan recognises sustainability and healthy communities as key goals for the future development of the ACT. The proposed development of Eastlake presents an opportunity to implement practices and principles to achieve these goals.
Dwellings constructed by Housing and Community Services are designed to achieve a minimum 6 star energy rating and are equipped with energy efficient appliances. Similar standards would be applied to public housing dwellings constructed in East Lake.
(6) The financial implications of the development of the area will be considered as planning of the area progresses.
(Question No 548)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 11 February 2010:
(1) What is the average cost of management of public land per hectare for (a) national parks, (b) Canberra Nature Park and (c) urban parks.
(2) What is the cost of (a) lawn mowing for ovals and for other land, (b) the installation of and annual maintenance of electric barbeques, (c) fencing public land for different types of fencing, (d) the installation of and annual maintenance of bubblers and (c) the installation of seats and paving.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) (a) $11 per hectare.
(b) $350 per hectare
(c) $3,483.86 per hectare per annum. Note that the cost of management of urban parks is not separated out from other activities. Hence, the cost provided is for management of public open space.
(2) (a) Cost of mowing ovals is estimated to be $1.02million and depending on the season, TAMS spends between $4 and $4.5 million annually on mowing other land.
(b) The average cost for the supply and installation of an electric barbeque is $16,000. The annual cost for BBQ maintenance and cleaning is $114,620.
(c) Costs for fencing public land is not recorded separately from other land management and maintenance costs.
(d) The average cost for supply and installation of a drinking fountain is $12,000. Annual maintenance cost for bubblers cannot be provided as maintenance costs are not separately identified from other maintenance works.
(e) The cost of supply and installation of seats for public city areas range from $2,000 to $5,200. The average cost for installation of new paving for these areas range from $90 to $320 per square metre.