Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 3 Hansard (18 March) . . Page.. 1179..
(2) Estimates of greenhouse gas emissions saved as a result of the Feed-Tariff Scheme are provided by the ICRC in quarterly reports. Greenhouse gas emissions saved in the December quarter 2009 totalled 734 tonnes.
(3) The number of additional renewable generators connected to the ACT grid were:
(a) October 2009 - 108
(b) November 2009 - 139
(c) December 2009 - 163
(d) January 2010 - 108
(4) 1,388 total renewable generators were connected to the ACT grid as at 31 January 2010.
(Question No 541)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for the Environment, Climate Change and Water, upon notice, on 10 February 2010:
(1) What was the estimate of the department's waste paper sent to landfill from 1 July 2009 to 31 December 2009.
(2) What was the total waste paper recycled from 1 July 2009 to 31 December 2009.
(3) What action has been taken by the department to audit its waste stream to determine a baseline for ongoing waste management.
(4) Has the department's resource management plan been completed; if not, when will the plan be completed.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) A current estimate is not available as a waste audit has not yet been completed.
(2) From 1 July 2009 to 31 December 2009 the Department's waste contractor collected 32 x 240L and 1 x 140L waste paper recycling bins. A total bin capacity of 7,820 litres of waste paper.
(3) All DECCEW staff have been supplied with and trained to correctly use desk-side mixed recycling, clean paper and 'waste to landfill' bins. Both floors of Macarthur House occupied by DECCEW have waste bins for secure paper, clean paper, mixed (co-mingled) recycling, organic waste and waste to landfill bins. In addition to this action, the Department will commence an audit of the Departments waste stream.
(4) A draft Resource Management Plan has been developed and will be finalised shortly.