Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 15 Hansard (10 December) . . Page.. 5832..
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(2) The cards are issued for corporate purposes, including travel, training, accommodation and items for which no other payment option is available. It should be noted that credit card expenditure requires the same level of authorisation as any other payment made by the Department.
(3) The average amount per month on each card for 2009 is as follows:
(4) The total amount spent on each credit card in 2008-09 and 2009-10 to date is as follows:
2009-10 to Date:
I am advised that the Territory's financial system does not distinguish between credit card transactions and other payment transactions. Monthly credit card statements must be manually analysed in order to answer this question. Given this time consuming requirement, it is not considered a reasonable use of the agency's limited resources to answer this question for more than two financial years. As a result, total credit card expenditure for 2007-08 and 2006-07 is not provided.
(5) Each credit card has a limit of $5,000.
(6) The below catering/meals expenditure includes meals whilst travelling on official business.
2009-10 to Date
Public service—corporate credit cards
(Question No 475)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for the Environment, Climate Change and Water, on 10 December 2009: