Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 15 Hansard (10 December) . . Page.. 5783..
Finance—departmental assets and liabilities
(Question No 408)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 12 November 2009:
(1) What are the top ten assets, other than cash, for the Minister's department ranked by value as at 30 June 2009 and what is the value of each asset.
(2) What are the top ten liabilities, other than employee benefits, for the department ranked by value as at 30 June 2009 and what is the value of each liability.
(3) If the liabilities referred to in part (2) are loans, (a) who is the loan with, (b) who facilitated the borrowing and (c) what is the interest rate for the loan.
(4) What are the top ten contingent liabilities in the Minister's portfolio ranked by value.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1. The top ten1 assets are:
National Convention Centre
Shared Services Property Plant and Equipment (Grouping)
Moore Street Building
Dame Pattie Menzies Building
Lakeside Leisure Centre - Tuggeranong
Former Bus Depot Capital Self Storage
1The Departments assets are identified in consolidated form in the 2008-09 Annual Report at pages 71 through 80 for TAMS; pages 185 through 190 for ACTION; and pages 268 through 275 for Shared Services. In response to this question assets with significant individual value have been identified. Grouped assets have been excluded. Territorial assets administered by the Department have been excluded from this response.
2. The top seven liabilities by value for the Department are:
Category of Liability
Revenue Received in Advance
Includes Building rent raised in advance, Rental Bond Deposits, Commonwealth Grants funding, ACTION advance ticket sales, Shared Services user charges, Capital Works funding received in advance, information technology network storage and salary packaging revenue received in advance.
Various operational expenses accrued but not invoiced