Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 15 Hansard (10 December) . . Page.. 5776..
General, Minister for the Environment, Climate Change and Water, Minister for Disability and Housing, Minister for Education and Training, Minister for Children and Young People, Minister for Territory and Municipal Services and Minister for Tourism, Sport and Recreation, upon notice, on 10 November 2009 (redirected to the Chief Minister):
(1) How many briefings did the Minister, or the department or agencies in the Minister's portfolio, prepare for ACT Ministers prior to each Council of Australian Governments (COAG) meeting in 2008-09.
(2) What were the subjects of each brief referred to in part (1).
(3) Which Ministers received the briefs referred to in part (1).
(4) How many staff were involved in the preparation of each brief referred to in part (1).
(5) What was the total cost in 2008-09, for each department and agency in the Minister's portfolio, of preparing COAG briefings.
(6) How many submissions did the Minister, or the departments or agencies in the Minister's portfolio, make to the Federal Government in 2008-2009.
(7) How many staff were involved in the preparation of each submission referred to in part (6).
(8) What were the topics of each submission referred to in part (6).
(9) What was the total cost in 2008-09 of providing submissions to the Federal Government for each department and agency in the Minister's portfolio.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1) The Chief Minister's Department prepared briefing for each of the five COAG meetings in 2008-09.
2) The briefings covered all matters on the COAG agenda which can be found at http://www.coag.gov.au/coag_meeting_outcomes/archive.cfm
3) Chief Minister and Treasurer.
4) The Cabinet and Intergovernmental Relations Branch in the Chief Minister's Department, Policy Division coordinates the briefing in consultation with relevant agencies.
5) The cost is not separately identifiable.
6) Seven written submissions.
7) No data is collected.
8) National Security, Australian Future Tax System Review, National Aviation Policy Greenpaper, A National Framework for Protecting Australia's Children, Business (Long Stay) Subclass 457 and related temporary visa reforms, Commonwealth