Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 13 Hansard (12 November) . . Page.. 5046..
Parsons and Brinckerhoff was engaged in June 2008 to undertake the 'Carpark Site Investigation - Turner and Greenway - Feasibility Study' for a fee of $180,000 including GST.
The scope of the study included three sites:
1. Turner, corner of Barry Drive and Watson Street (Block 8 Section 25 Turner) - suitability of the site for use as a multi-level carpark;
2. Turner, Watson Street/Masson Street (part of Block 6 Section 25 Turner) - suitability of the site for a temporary surface carpark.
3. Tuggeranong Town Centre (Block 14, Section 2 Greenway) - suitability of the site for a multi-level carpark.
(Question No 377)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 15 October 2009:
(1) What money has been budgeted for the Bunda Street upgrade.
(2) What is the breakdown of how this money has been spent and how it will be spent.
(3) What are the timelines for completion of this work.
(4) Do the upgrades of the existing design of Bunda Street mean that the Government will not undertake a significant redesign of Bunda Street in the near future, for example, converting the area to a shared street area and redesigning the street to include a dual, separated bike path.
(5) Will the refurbishment of Bunda Street influence the recommendations made in the upcoming review of city pedestrian and cycling infrastructure.
(6) Will the Government implement recommendations made in the upcoming review of city pedestrian and cycling infrastructure that recommend significant redesigning of Bunda Street.
(7) Will the money already spent on refurbishing Bunda Street be a relevant factor in deciding whether to implement recommendations in the review that relate to Bunda Street.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1) A total of $4,130,000 has been allocated to the Bunda Street Upgrade project.
2) The total budget, of which $382,000 has been expended to date, is broken down as follows:
ACT Procurement Solutions Fees
Design and Superintendence Fees