Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 13 Hansard (12 November) . . Page.. 5044..
Management Plan, a Local Industry Participation Plan (LIPP). Implementation of the LIPP will be demonstrated and managed via the procurement process by either:
a. inclusion of the LIPP as part of the Tender Evaluation. For example, tenderers will be requested to submit known and/or intended ACT and local NSW content; or
b. developing a Tender List by utilising the Industry Capability Network (ICN) database, and/or by selecting known local suppliers and subcontractors.
The successful implementation of the LIPP will also allow the project to become eligible for the Enhanced Project By-law Scheme (EPBS), an Australian Government initiative that provides tariff duty concessions on overseas goods (i.e.eligible equipment or goods from overseas can be imported duty free).
(6) Local suppliers will have the opportunity to provide their products or services under the arrangements set out in the response to question 5.
(Question No 372)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 15 October 2009:
(1) Can the Minister provide advice on which Government consultation lists is Neighbourhood Watch part of.
(2) Is Neighbourhood Watch used by government as a vehicle for passing on any community information on issues which should reach each household, for example, tips on how to prepare your house for the bushfire season.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Neighbourhood Watch is not a part of any government consultation list. They have recently been included on ACT Consultative Committees for the Charnwood/Dunlop area and the Red Hill/Narrabundah area in conjunction with ACT Police.
(2) The Emergency Services Authority passes on information to Neighbourhood Watch for inclusion in their newsletter. ACT Policing utilises Neighbourhood Watch to obtain and disseminate information. This information includes advice about safety, security and the promotion of CrimeStoppers.
Environment-greening the local economy
(Question No 373)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 15 October 2009 (redirected to the Acting Chief Minister):
(1) Can the Minister provide advice on what stage the Greening the Local Economy paper preparation is at.
(2) What are the next steps for the Government on this issue.