Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 13 Hansard (12 November) . . Page.. 5036..
Estate development plans, which are development applications for detailed subdivision of suburbs, will be required to be assessed against, and be consistent with, these concept plans.
An inter-departmental sub-committee on child-friendly cities will consider ways of incorporating child friendly cities principles into government policy and decision making. It will also audit the ACT Government's performance against the UNICEF building blocks for developing a child friendly city.
(2) See response to (1) above.
(3) See response to (1) above, in particular the preparation of a technical amendment to the Territory plan which involves public consultation.
(4) While not quantifiable in dollar terms, it is considered that the implementation of the policy will provide benefits to the broader community.
(5) The Government is committee to incorporating the principles of child friendly planning promoted by UNICEF into ACT planning guidelines.
(Question No 360)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 14 October 2009:
(1) In relation to minimum six star ratings for new residential housing by 2010, when will the ratings be in place.
(2) How much will this policy initiative cost.
(3) What policy consultation has been held with the business community and other stakeholders about this initiative.
(4) What is the regulatory impact of the initiative.
(5) Is this a firm commitment or an aspirational one.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) At its meeting on 30 April 2009, COAG agreed to the National Strategy for Energy Efficiency which, amongst other things, included the introduction of 6 star NATHERS rating for housing in the Building Code of Australia for its 2010 amendment, not including any transitional arrangements.
This is likely to be the 2010 Building Code of Australia, with effect from May 2010; the commencement date, however, will depend on how jurisdictions introduce the changes as part of the transition to 6-star.
(2) This is being implemented as part of the national reform process.
(3) Consultation is being undertaken as part of the national reforms.