Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 13 Hansard (12 November) . . Page.. 5025..
(5) How do the opening hours at the Kingston Library compare with the Griffith Library.
(6) How does staffing at the Kingston Library compare with the Griffith Library.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Approximately $8015.30.
(2) Staff were relocated to other areas of ACT Library and Information Service.
(3) A large proportion of the collection was distributed throughout other ACT library branches; items which no longer met the guidelines were withdrawn and dealt with in the same manner that all superseded items in the libraries are dealt with. All other equipment located at Griffith Library, including computers, was also distributed throughout the other ACT library branches.
(4) Services at Kingston Library will be comparable to those offered across all ACT library branches.
(5) Opening hours for Kingston are still in the process of being finalised.
(6) Kingston Library will have 4.1 full time equivalent staff while Griffith Library had 4.54.
(Question No 339)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 14 October 2009:
(1) How much will the trial of organic waste recycling cost.
(2) Have the residential developments been selected for this trial.
(3) Who will conduct this trial.
(4) When will the trial be completed and its outcomes published.
(5) Is this commitment firm or aspirational.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The 2009-10 Budget provides $483,000 over two years for the development of a Commercial Waste Scheme and Future Waste Strategy in which options for improving the recovery and recycling of organic waste will be examined.
(3) This has not been determined, but will be consistent with procurement procedures.
(4) This depends on the outcome of the procurement process.