Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 12 Hansard (15 October) . . Page.. 4673..
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The durability of the door hardware and light switches at the school.
(a) The senior section of the school.
(b) Nil. The issues are being rectified under a liability provision of the building contract.
(c) The issue was identified within the first six months operation of the school.
(d) Issues are being reported to the building contractor as they arise. The Department expects any identified and reported maintenance issues to be resolved before the commencement of the next school year.
(2) In relation to the canteen, one health and safety issue was identified.
(a) The issue concerned the operation of the screens at the serving counter of the canteen.
(b) The issue was rectified before the end of September 2009.
(a) There have been five workplace incidents.
(b) All incidents were reported.
(4) The building contractor, Manteena Pty Ltd, is responsible for attending to any building issues reported during the first 12 months of operation of the school.
(Question No 320)
Mr Smyth asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 17 September 2009:
(1) In relation to the Ministerial Statement on Capital Works 2008-09 Program Outcome that was presented to the Assembly on 27 August 2009, why has a new capital works reporting regime been implemented.
(2) What are the details of the new capital works reporting regime.
(3) Will the reports prepared under this new capital works regime be made public; if not, why not.
(4) Will the quarterly capital works reports continue to be prepared.
(5) Will the quarterly capital works reports be made public; if not, why not.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) A new reporting regime has been implemented in recognition of the increasing size of the capital works program.
(2) The new capital works reporting regime is outlined in the 2009-10 Budget Papers. References are Budget Paper No.3, Page 20 and Budget Paper No.5, Page Vii.
(3) The quarterly capital reports will be made public.