Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 11 Hansard (17 September) . . Page.. 4263..
(2) In what manner is email correspondence filed or archived (a) electronically, (b) hard copy, (c) both or (d) neither; if neither, why not.
(3) What accession system is used for emails that are filed or archived.
(4) For staff who leave the ACT public service what (a) action are they required to take in relation to the contents of their email accounts prior to their departure and (b) happens to any contents of email accounts not otherwise dealt with prior to their departure.
(5) What arrangements are in place for the retrieval of emails that are put into file or archive storage.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Territory Records Act 2002 establishes the standards for records management throughout the ACT Government for all government records including emails. Agency Records Management Programs set out the policy and procedures for the management of records within that agency.
(2) Once actioned by the appropriate officer, emails are managed as records according to an agency's Records Management Program.
(3) The ACT Government has a comprehensive thesaurus for the management of government records whether in paper or digital format. This facilitates the storage and access to all government records.
(4) ACT government agencies have Exit Procedures. For example in the Department of Territory and Municipal Services public servants are required to work through a thorough Exit Procedures Checklist which is signed off by their Manager. This Checklist aims to ensure that any residual emails and other records are either printed out and filed or transferred to another officer.
(5) Emails like any other government record are covered by approved Records Disposal Schedules which establish how long they are required to be kept as a government record.
Canberra Technology Park
(Question No 257)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 18 August 2009:
(1) Who are the head lessees for each lease at (a) Canberra Technology Park and the business incubator facilities at (b) Downer, (c) Narrabundah and (d) Erindale.
(2) When did the leases, referred to in part (1), (a) start and (b) finish.
(3) Are there lease period extension provisions for the leases; if so, what are they.
(4) What are the areas, in square metres, under lease for the leases.