Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 11 Hansard (17 September) . . Page.. 4262..
The member should note that the response covers the entire Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services, not just the Minister for Disability and Housing portfolio area.
(1) The DHCS training budget for 2009-10 is $1.164m.
(2) The Community Education Training Calendar is available on the DHCS website.
(3) The objective of each course is to support the development of staff skills and knowledge. The cost of courses may be incurred when an external facilitator leads the course.
(4) The staff from the Ministers' offices do not usually participate in departmental courses. The courses are made available to departmental staff, where relevant to their responsibilities.
(Question No 255)
Ms Hunter asked the Minister for Energy, upon notice, on 18 August 2009:
(1) When will the work being undertaken by the Department of the Environment, Climate Change, Energy and Water on enhancing energy concessions be completed.
(2) When will an improved concessions regime that keeps up with increases in energy prices be implemented.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Department of the Environment, Climate Change, Energy and Water has completed its review of the current energy and water concession regime in conjunction with officers of the Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services. This review is currently being prepared for consideration by Government.
(2) The ACT Government currently provides low income and disadvantaged households with a rebate on energy (gas and electricity) of $194.87 per annum. This represents about 15% of the average ACT household energy bill.
No changes to the scheme have been timetabled.
Public service—email accounts
(Question No 256)
Mrs Dunne asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 18 August 2009:
(1) What is the Government's policy for email correspondence received and sent by ACT public servants in relation to the (a) file storage of those emails and (b) archival storage of those emails.