Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 9 Hansard (20 August) . . Page.. 3520..
Since then the reported incidents of vandalism were:
4. Static security guards were employed from late May 2008 until early July 2008. The cost details are commercial-in-confidence and cannot be disclosed.
Bimberi Youth Justice Centre
(Question No 246)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Children and Young People, upon notice, on 25 June 2009:
(1) What are the details of an incident that occurred at the Bimberi Youth Justice Centre earlier this year, as discussed in the Select Committee on Estimates 2009-2010.
(2) Did a review of the incident make recommendations; if so, what were they.
(3) When will the recommendations referred to in part (2) be implemented and what will be the cost.
(4) Was the Minister or any officials aware of the possibility for the incident referred to in part (1) to occur.
(5) Have there been any other incidents; if so, what are the details of these.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) I refer the member to the response provided to the Select Committee on Estimates on 28 May 2009.
(2) See response to Question 1.
(3) The recommendations will be implemented within four months. The approximate cost of building works is $32,700.
(4) I refer the Member to the response provided to the Select Committee on Estimates on 28 May 2009 and to my response to Question Taken on Notice EQTON-06 dated
16 June 2009.
(5) See response to Question 1.