Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 8 Hansard (25 June) . . Page.. 3153..
(2) ACT Policing currently has 90 marked police vehicles solely for operational purposes, however an additional 109 vehicles are equipped with covert lights and siren for operational purposes.
(3) The total operating cost of the ACT Policing vehicle fleet for the 2007-08 financial year is approximately $3,438,694.00. The proportion of the total operating cost are:
(4) The average cost to fit a new marked vehicle is approximately $3850.
The equipment required to transform a police ready vehicle from the manufacturer to an operational standard marked vehicle is:
The average cost to fit a covert vehicle is approximately $1700.
The equipment required to transform a police ready vehicle from the manufacturer to an operational standard covert vehicle is:
(5) Three vehicles (all Road/Trail Bikes) with a total cost of $35,490 were purchased by ACT Policing in the 2008-09 financial year. The majority of ACT Policing vehicles are leased.
(Question No 205)
Mr Seselja asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 2 April 2009:
(1) How many people in your Department have been retrenched or made redundant from 1 July 2008 to 31 March 2009, and what was the reason for these retrenchments or redundancies.