Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 7 Hansard (18 June) . . Page.. 2615..
expenditure against particular geographical locations as contracts entered into by Canberra CBD Limited such as for the provision of banners, flowers, and cleaning are city wide and not readily broken down by geographic precinct.
(3) The monies have been spent on the following projects:
(Question No 201)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 2 April 2009:
(1) How many people in your Department have been retrenched or made redundant from 1 July 2008 to 31 March 2009, and what was the reason for these retrenchments or redundancies.
(2) How many temporary employees in your Department have not had their contracts renewed from 1 July 2008 to 31 March 2009, and what was the reason for the failure to renew contracts.
(3) How many unfilled vacancies exist in your Department as at 31 March 2009, and how many positions does your Department intend to fill between 2 April 2009 and 30 June 2009.
(4) How many of these positions will be advertised internationally between 2 April 2009 and 30 June 2009, and what is the proposed expenditure for these advertisements.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(2) During the period 1 July 2008 to 31 March 2009, six employees of the ACT Planning & Land Authority (ACTPLA) completed temporary contracts which were not renewed. Reasons for these non-renewals were:
Employee chose not to renew:
Completion of the specific project to which the temporary contract applied:
Restructure of the work area resulting in the temporary position being no longer required:
(3) Over several years ACTPLA has had difficulty in filling all of its positions with suitably qualified and experienced staff. Greater success with recruitment and