Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 7 Hansard (18 June) . . Page.. 2614..
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) As Minister for Planning I am subject to the same natural and parliamentary obligations which bind all Ministers. I am not aware of any suggestion of any breach of these principles. Any suggestion of any breach of these principles should be dealt with by a substantive motion of the Assembly.
(2) I take every appropriate precaution. I am not aware of any suggestion to the contrary. Any suggestion to the contrary should be dealt with by a substantive motion of the Assembly.
A more extended discussion of privilege in the ACT Legislative Assembly can be found in the ACT Legislative Assembly Members' Guide (in particular, section 3.6 Privilege) and in the Australian Capital Territory (Self-Government) Act 1988 (in particular, section 24).
Other standard references include House of Representatives Practice (see Chapter 19 of the Fifth edition) and Odgers' Australian Senate Practice (see Chapter 2 of the 11th edition).
For further advice the Member may also wish to contact the Clerk (50191) or Deputy Clerk (50171).
Finance—City centre marketing and improvements levy
(Question No 180)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 2 April 2009:
(1) How much money has been collected from the City Centre Marketing and Improvements Levy each year since the levy was established.
(2) Could the Treasurer please give a breakdown of how much money has been spent from the levy each year since the levy was established (a) in total (b) on the Braddon and Turner areas (c) on the City West area and (d) on the central/City East area.
(3) What projects has this money been spent on.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The City Centre Marketing and Improvements Levy (CCMIL) was introduced in 2007-08.
(2) During 2007-08, expenditure of $463,000 was incurred.
During 2008-09 (YTD) $2,498,600 of expenditure is expected to be incurred.
The CCMIL monies collected are appropriated to TAMS and granted to Canberra CBD Limited for the provision of services in accordance with a performance agreement. As such, the Government does not have direct control over, nor detailed information on particular projects. Information is not available, therefore, to allocate