Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 6 Hansard (11 May) . . Page.. 2261..
ACT public service—positions
(Question No 207)
Mr Seselja asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 2 April 2009:
(1) How many people in your Department have been retrenched or made redundant from 1 July 2008 to 31 March 2009, and what was the reason for these retrenchments or redundancies.
(2) How many temporary employees in your Department have not had their contracts renewed from 1 July 2008 to 31 March 2009, and what was the reason for the failure to renew contracts.
(3) How many unfilled vacancies exist in your Department as at 31 March 2009, and how many positions does your Department intend to fill between 2 April 2009 and 30 June 2009.
(4) How many of these positions will be advertised internationally between 2 April 2009 and 30 June 2009, and what is the proposed expenditure for these advertisements.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) One. Previously unattached officer, declared excess (including Shared Services until January 2009)
(2) Thirty Eight (including Shared Services until January 2009)
(3) Twelve, of which three are currently filled on a contract basis until they can be permanently filled. Three positions are expected to be filled prior to 30 June 2009