Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 6 Hansard (11 May) . . Page.. 2234..
(6) The planned workshop will be held at Pilgrim House at Northbourne Avenue.
(9) No money was spent on travel for the 'Getting There First' workshop participants.
The answers to the member's questions relating to (b) 'Art of Fun' workshops are as follows:
(1) 119 staff from the Office of Regulatory Services participated in the 'Art of Fun' workshops.
(2) Four workshops were run.
(3)(4)(6)(8) No further 'Art of Fun' workshops are planned.
(5) Each 'Art of Fun' workshop took place at Regatta Point.
(9) No money was spent on travel for the 'Art of Fun' workshop participants
(10) The contractor for the 'Art of Fun' workshop did not charge travel expenses to the department.
ACT public service—management courses
(Question No 168)
Mrs Dunne asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 2 April 2009:
In relation to contracts for the delivery of 'Art of Fun' ($40,000) and 'Getting there First' ($20,000) workshops for staff of the Department of Justice and Community Safety, in respect of each of these workshops: (a) why were they considered necessary; (b) where were they held; (c) how long did they last; (d) who facilitated them; (e) who chose them and why; (f) how many staff attended and what were their classifications; (g) what other costs were involved, for example, but not limited to, travel, accommodation, catering, equipment hire, venue hire; (h) what was the cost of any staff engaged to fill in for those who were attending the workshops; (i) what assessment was made as to the benefit of the workshops on participants in particular and the department generally; if no assessment was made, why.
Mr Corbell: The answers to the member's questions relating to the contracts for the delivery of 'Art of Fun' workshops are as follows:
(a) Training was organised in mid 2008 to improve the team effectiveness of the four work groups that now form the Office of Regulatory Services, these being Fair Trading, Registrar-General's Office, Workcover and Parking Operations/ Parking Review.