Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 6 Hansard (11 May) . . Page.. 2228..
(3) Not applicable.
Health—crisis assessment and treatment team
(Question No 159)
Ms Bresnan asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 2 April 2009:
(1) In each month since July 2008, how many people were presented to the Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team (CATT) for help by (a) the consumers themselves or their representative, (b) the AFP or (c) any other government services.
(2) How many of these people were then given an assessment by CATT.
(3) How many of these people were then admitted into an ACT Government mental health inpatient facility after the initial assessment.
(4) How many of the people who were assessed by CATT, were not admitted into an ACT Government mental health inpatient facility initially but (a) received a follow-up phone call from CATT within 24 hours or (b) returned to CATT for help within 24 hours.
(5) How many people who presented to CATT more than once in 24 hours were then (a) admitted to an ACT Government mental health inpatient facility or (b) not admitted to a facility.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The following information is derived from the electronic medical record database operated by Mental Health ACT.
Initial Presentation CATT/Triage Referrals - July 2008 - March 2009
(c) Other Gov. Agency
(2) All above clients were provided either an initial or full assessment.
(3) The below includes those people admitted on the same day as provided the initial or full assessment.
Admitted to Hospital following Assessment
(4) It is not possible to determine who made the contact a) vs b) in the question as contacts recorded in the source system are not reported in this way.