Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 6 Hansard (11 May) . . Page.. 2218..
(1) (a) In 2007, 22 students transferred between colleges during the school calendar year.
(b) In 2008, 55 students transferred between colleges during the school calendar year and
(c) Five students transferred between colleges during the 2009 school calendar year as of 7 April 2009.
(2) The majority of students wishing to transfer at the start of the school year are approved. After the February census date colleges manage their own enrolments, so no central data is kept on unsuccessful transfer requests beyond this time.
(Question No 145)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for the Environment, Climate Change and Water, upon notice, on 31 March 2009 (redirected to the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services):
In relation to the Conservator of Flora and Fauna as mentioned in the Department of Territory and Municipal Services annual report for 2007-08, how many of the 943 applications for Tree Damaging Activities resulted in the death of a protected tree.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
During the financial year 2007 - 2008, the Tree Protection Unit within the Department of Territory and Municipal Services received and made decisions on a total of 1,888 applications to undertake tree damaging activities.
Of the 1,888 applications, 943 were approved. Some of those approvals may in fact involve multiple trees. An approval to undertake a tree damaging activity does not mandate the damage or death of a particular tree and consequently there are no statistics that can accurately identify how many of the 943 approved applications resulted in the death of a protected tree.
(Question No 146)
Ms Hunter asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 31 March 2009:
(1) What is the status of the 2009 ACT government schools census.
(2) When will the schools census be available on the ACT Department of Education and Training website.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The February 2009 ACT schools census (which includes public and non-government schools) has been completed.