Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 6 Hansard (11 May) . . Page.. 2184..
(Question No 81)
Mr Seselja asked the Speaker, upon notice, on 26 February 2009:
(1) What is the progress of negotiations to transfer the Assembly library to the Legislative Assembly Secretariat.
(2) Will the transfer of the Assembly library be completed within six months of the first sitting of the current Assembly on 5 November 2008 as specified in the Labor / Greens agreement; if not, when will the transfer be completed.
(3) What changes will be made to the library to facilitate assistance for members as specified in the Labor / Greens agreement
Mr Rattenbury: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Officers of the Secretariat have arranged several meetings with officers of the Department of Territories and Municipal Services commencing in December 2008. On Thursday 26 February I also had a meeting with officers of the Department. Those discussions have identified that a complication for the transfer involves how the "government"segment of the current library should be managed.
(2) I am keen for the transfer to occur in the time specified in the agreement, although there are several issues that remain to be clarified for the transfer to occur before that date.
(3) As the Assembly library has not yet been transferred, I am not in a position to identify precisely what changes will be made, but I will be seeking, in due course, improved resources for the Assembly library as specified in the Agreement
Gungahlin Drive extension
(Question No 83)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Transport, upon notice, on 26 February 2009:
(1) What is the progress of design work for the duplication of the Gungahlin Drive Extension.
(2) When will this work be completed.
(3) When will construction (a) start and (b) be completed on this project.
(4) What is the estimated cost of the duplication.
(5) Has the Government received any representations from the Greens asking for the cancellation or deferral of this project.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows: