Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 5 Hansard (2 April) . . Page.. 1767..
Debate (on motion by Ms Bresnan) adjourned to the next sitting.
Roads and Public Places Amendment Bill 2009
Debate resumed from 26 March 2009, on motion by Mr Stanhope:
That this bill be agreed to in principle.
Motion (by Mr Coe) put:
That the debate be adjourned.
The Assembly voted—
Ms Le Couteur
Question so resolved in the affirmative.
Debate adjourned to the next sitting.
MR HARGREAVES (Brindabella—Minister for Disability and Housing, Minister for Ageing, Minister for Multicultural Affairs, Minister for Industrial Relations and Minister for Corrections) (11.16): I move:
That this Assembly:
(1) notes the Australian government's $102 million contribution to social housing in the ACT;
(2) notes that the funds from the stimulus package will supplement the ACT government's significant contribution to addressing homelessness, affordable housing and innovations in the public and community housing sectors;
(3) supports the ACT government's commitment to a multi-partisan way forward commencing with a consultative forum relating to social housing;
(4) acknowledges the benefits of the social housing component of the Nation Building and Jobs Plan on the ACT economy; and
(5) supports the Australian Government's Nation Building and Jobs Plan timelines as they relate to the ACT.