Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 4 Hansard (26 March) . . Page.. 1521..
(a) the person employs a person to carry on a security activity; and
(b) the employee is not licensed to carry on the security activity.
(Question No 74)
Mr Doszpot asked the Minister for Multicultural Affairs, upon notice, on 12 February 2009:
(1) How much did the Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) spend on travel including itemised amounts for airfares, accommodation and travel allowance for the 2007-08 financial year.
(2) What proportion of travel was domestic as opposed to international.
(3) Did any officers from OMA undertake international travel during the period listed in part (1); if so, what was the purpose of the trip and how much did each trip cost.
(4) What proportion of airfares were for business or first class travel as opposed to economy.
(5) What proportion of trips were on Qantas as opposed to Virgin Blue and other airlines.
(6) Does OMA have a scheme where frequent flyer points accrued on departmental travel are used to help meet the costs of future travel; if so, what is the level of participation.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) In the 2007-2008 financial year $4,617.93 for airfares; $1,276.00 for accommodation; and Nil travel allowance.
(2) In 2007-08 all travel was domestic.
(3) No international travel was undertaken for business purposes.
(4) Business class travel was approximately 33% of all travel undertaken.
(5) 100% travel was with QANTAS airlines.
(6) The Department is subject to whole of government travel guidelines which generally require the joining of loyalty programs (such as frequent flyers) to be met by the individual. Points accrued from such programs through work related travel are not for personal use as it is the responsibility of travellers to effectively manage points accrued as a result of travel or accommodation paid by the Territory and to ensure that these points are redeemed only for further official travel.