Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 4 Hansard (26 March) . . Page.. 1511..
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) $4,673.88 GST inclusive (airfares); $2,000.28 (accommodation) GST inclusive; Nil (travel allowance).
(2) All travel was domestic in 2007-08.
(4) All travel was economy class in 2007-08.
(5) All travel was with QANTAS.
(6) The Department is subject to whole of government travel guidelines which generally require the joining of loyalty programs (such as frequent flyers) to be met by the individual. Points accrued from such programs through work related travel are not for personal use as it is the responsibility of travellers to effectively manage points accrued as a result of travel or accommodation paid by the Territory and to ensure that these points are redeemed only for further official travel.
ACT Health—litigation costs
(Question No 66)
Mr Hanson asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 12 February 2009:
(1) How much money has been spent by, for or on behalf of ACT Health in relation to any litigation in the last four financial years.
(2) How much money has been spent by, for or on behalf of ACT Health for the purposes of (a) damages arising out of medical negligence and (b) meeting the costs of legal fees of parties engaged in litigation with ACT Health, in the previous four financial years.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
These amounts reflect payments made by ACT Health, and on behalf of ACT Health, by the ACT Insurance Authority (ACTIA), for litigated matters only. They do not include costs incurred in investigating matters which do not eventuate in a claim and are shown gross of reinsurance recoveries and agency insurance excess payments. The amounts include medical negligence, public liability, professional indemnity and directors and officers claims.