Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 4 Hansard (26 March) . . Page.. 1495..
(Question No 48)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 12 February 2009:
(1) What is the intended purpose of 13 Section 68 Amaroo, Block 1 Section 98 Amaroo, Block 1 and 2 Section 106.
(2) Was there a requirement for children's play equipment for the blocks.
(3) When was such play equipment supposed to have been constructed.
(4) If there was no requirement for children's play equipment, are there any plans to have children's play equipment constructed on either Block 13 Section 68 or Block 1 Section 98 Amaroo;
(5) What is the intended purpose of Block 2 Section 106 Amaroo;
(6) Is the block listed in part (5) intended to be developed (a) as a community facility, (b) as local shops and (c) to house a child care facility;
(7) What is the current state of Government involvement in the resolution of the long term use of Block 1 Section 106 Amaroo and are there any moves being made to have the semi developed facility completed or turned into another facility.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The land use zones for the sites are:
Urban open space
Urban open space
Commercial - Service station
Commercial - Group Centre
(2) There was no requirement in the Deed of Agreement for Amaroo 4 for children's play equipment on Section 68 Block 13 or Section 98 Block 1. There may be a requirement for a playground in the Group Centre but the site is yet to be released.
(3) Not applicable -see response to (2) above.
(4) There are not plans at this time and any proposals to construct future playgrounds on 13/68 or 1/98 would be a matter for consideration by the Government.
(6) The land is the site of the Amaroo Group Centre, a centre catering primarily for the weekly shopping, community and business needs of residents in the surrounding suburbs of Amaroo, Bonner, Forde and Jacka. Community uses including child care are uses could be developed on the site. The Block is indentified for release in 2010-11 in the Government's Indicative Commercial Land Release program.
(7) The ACT Planning and Land Authority is continuing to work with the lessee in relation to the occupation of Block 1 Section 106 Amaroo. Working with the lessee