Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 4 Hansard (26 March) . . Page.. 1493..
Live in Canberra and Skilled and Business Migration Campaigns
Small Business Ministerial Council Senior Officers' Meeting
(6) The Department does not pay for staff to belong to a frequent flyer program. If an officer privately pays for membership of a frequent flyer program, it is expected that they will use frequent flyer points accrued from departmental travel for future official travel.
(Question No 47)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 12 February 2009:
(1) How much did the ACT Planning and Land Authority (ACTPLA) spend on travel including itemised amounts for airfares, accommodation and travel allowance for the (a) 2007-08 financial year and (b) 2008-09 financial year to 31 December 2008.
(2) What proportion of travel was domestic as opposed to international.
(3) Did any officers from ACTPLA undertake international travel during the periods listed in part (1); if so, what was the purpose of the trip and how much did each trip cost.
(4) What proportion of airfares were for business or first class travel as opposed to economy.
(5) What proportion of trips were on Qantas as opposed to Virgin Blue and other airlines.
(6) Does ACTPLA have a scheme where frequent flyer points accrued on departmental travel are used to help meet the costs of future travel; if so, what is the level of participation.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) ACTPLA expended the following amounts on travel during the periods defined: