Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 2 Hansard (12 February) . . Page.. 840..
(3) The Disruptive Behaviour Policy can be found on the DHCS website at www.dhcs.act.gov.au/policies/disruptive behaviour.
Bimberi Youth Justice Centre
(Question No 25)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Children and Young People, upon notice, on 11 December 2008:
(1) When was the Minister first aware of issues regarding the commissioning in relation to security and other infrastructure systems and staff training at the Bimberi Youth Centre.
(2) What were the issues and when does the Minister expect them to be resolved.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The then Minister for Children and Young People, was first advised in June 2008 that a commissioning plan was being developed to guide the testing and completion of all outstanding work for the completion of the capital works. The Minister was advised that the official opening would be early September 2008.
The Minister was further advised in August 2008, that the complex would be officially opened on the 3 September 2008, with the proposed transition and decommissioning of Quamby Youth Detention Centre by December 2008. The Minister was advised that a Certificate of Occupancy and Use had been issued and a period of physical and electronic commissioning had commenced.
In early October, the Minister was advised that the commissioning was proceeding with the testing and refining of the interface between the different elements of the security system. The Minister was advised that it was anticipated that the centre would be operational by October 2008.
In late October 2008, the Minister was advised of problems in the high level interface between the elements of the security system, some details of the nature of the problems and the process that had been put in place to work through these problems. The Minister was advised on the implications of these problems and that the anticipated transitioning of young people out of Quamby would commence in early to mid December 2008.
(2) The commissioning process and training of staff has occurred and all young people moved into the new facility by 23 December 2008.
Environment—energy efficiency software
(Question No 26)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 11 December 2008:
(1) How has moving responsibility for energy efficiency assessment from the ACT Planning and Land Authority's (ACTPLA) planning section to its building section affected the development application process.