Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 2 Hansard (12 February) . . Page.. 826..
(2) How many full-time equivalent staff currently are employed by the office;
(3) What are the strategic and policy objectives of the office.
(4) Do whole of government strategic and policy objectives exist to deal with indigenous issues; if so, what are they.
(5) How does this unit operate in terms of a whole of government approach to achieving the objectives set out in the Minister's answer to part (3).
(6) Will the Minister provide a breakdown of all assets or infrastructure owned, managed or administered by this office and the value of these assets.
(7) What is the purpose, structure, role, cost and activities of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elected Body as well as the United Ngunnawal Elders Council and are there any (a) substantive measures or initiatives which have been introduced by either body and (b) reports which assess the success, progress or challenges faced by either body; if so, what are they.
(8) What is the status of all objectives which deal with indigenous health and education outcomes as set out in the ACT Human Capital Plan (April 2007) as well as the Canberra Social Plan.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The ACT Government 2008-09 Budget provided funding to the four areas specified as follows:
of total DHCS Budget
DHCS Budget P205, BP4 - GPO
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Affairs
(2) Five full time equivalent staff.
(3) The information is available in the 2007-08 DHCS Annual Report Volume 1.
(4) The information is available in the 2009-08 DHCS Annual Report Volume 1
(5) The information is available on the DHCS website www.dhcs.act.gov.au/omatsia/atsia.
(6) The Office manages and administers the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Centre situated at Yarramundi Reach. The Centre includes two assets: