Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 8 Hansard (7 August) . . Page.. 3170..
the Developer is required to provide a park including playground equipment on this block.
The ACT Planning and Land Authority has instructed the Developer to complete the landscaping and construct the playground equipment.
The ACT Planning and Land Authority has requested a program from the Developer for its completion and is waiting for their response.
(2) There have been no plans to change the purpose of Block 1 Section 142 Gungahlin.
Gas-fired power station
(Question No 2140)
DR FOSKEY asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 3 July 2008:
(1) How is information passed between the ACTEW board and the shareholders;
(2) How many meetings of the ACTEW board or Annual General Meetings has the Treasurer and/or the Deputy Chief Minister attended since the election in 2004;
(3) What are the mandatory reporting requirements for ACTEW to report to the Minister;
(4) When were the shareholders informed about ActewAGL's plans to build a gas-fired power plant and data centre;
(5) Did the shareholders or board seek a meeting to discuss the building of a gas-fired power plant and data centre; if so, when;
(6) Did the shareholders call for a risk-benefit analysis of the project; if so, when;
(7) Have the shareholders seen a risk benefit analysis; if so, will the Treasurer present this in the Assembly.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) ACTEW operates as an independent corporation, under the direction of a board of directors and under the management of an executive management team. Information is passed between the ACTEW Corporation (ACTEW) Board and the Voting Shareholders via a written summary of significant matters discussed at ACTEW Board meetings, which is provided to the Voting Shareholders after each Board meeting, as well as via written correspondence and meetings between the Shareholders and ACTEW representatives.
(2) The Voting Shareholders are the Deputy Chief Minister and myself as Chief Minister. We, or our appointed proxies, have attended all three Annual General Meetings since the 2004 election. These comprise the Annual General Meetings of 2005, 2006, and 2007.
The Voting Shareholders of ACTEW are responsible for the provision to the ACTEW Board of broad strategic guidance. However, the Deputy Chief Minister and myself, as Voting Shareholders, do not generally become involved in the internal everyday