Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 8 Hansard (7 August) . . Page.. 3159..
(2) What is the monetary cost of the replacement and which company has been awarded the contract to undertake construction;
(3) What will be the temporary arrangements for the interchange functions whilst construction is in progress;
(4) Can the Minister detail if any works have been conducted at the Belconnen Bus Interchange since January 2007, including minor repairs and painting, and what is the monetary cost for each of the works conducted and the dates that any work was carried out.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1. Temporary works are currently scheduled to start in October 2008 and be completed by February 2009. This will then allow the permanent works to begin on the Cohen Street extension, including demolition of the existing bus interchange and the replacement of a new bus operating system within the Belconnen Town Centre. The construction start date for the permanent works is currently programmed for March 2009.
2. The current estimate of construction costs for the permanent road works is $17.5M. Tenders for permanent works construction are currently scheduled to be called in February 2009.
3. The temporary works will ensure appropriate alternative access for buses, pedestrians and general traffic within the Belconnen Town Centre during the construction of the permanent works.
4. Improvements and refurbishment to Belconnen Bus Interchange include: cleaning and replacement of broken panels; replacement of lighting within the interchange and across pedestrian bridge; cleaning and replacement of broken roof panels; and painting have progressively been undertaken since March 2008, as follows:
Upgrade to lighting
Maintenance has been undertaken as follows:
Maintenance of lights
Repair damaged clocks
Replacement of toilet lights
Water—sale to Queanbeyan
(Question No 2128)
DR FOSKEY asked the Minister for the Environment, Water and Climate Change, upon notice, on 3 July 2008 (redirected to the Treasurer):