Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 8 Hansard (7 August) . . Page.. 3143..
ACTION bus service—patronage
(Question No 2102)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 25 June 2008:
(1) How many people, on average, per week travelled during the peak periods (6am to 9am and 4pm to 7pm) on week days on the previous ACTION bus Routes 40, 41 and 42 (aggregated for the three services);
(2) How many people, on average, per week now travel during the peak periods (6am to 9am and 4pm to 7pm) on week days on Network '08 ACTION bus Route 10;
(3) If figures are not available for the peak times specified in parts (1) and (2), can the Minister provide average figures for week day travellers overall for the routes specified;
(4) What are the reasons, either surveyed or anecdotal, for any difference that arises between the figures provided in the answers to parts (1) and (2);
(5) If no figures are available, why not.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
4. The increase in patronage on Route 10 is a result of a greater number of passenger boardings per trip.
Gas-fired power station
(Question No 2103)
DR FOSKEY asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 25 June 2008:
(1) What benefit or profit will Actew obtain from the proposed gas-fired power plant in Tuggeranong once it is complete;
(2) Will the Minister table the business case which indicates that renewable technologies have been explored, and why they were rejected;