Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 6 Hansard (27 June) . . Page.. 2418..
(Question No 2072)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for the Environment, Water and Climate Change, upon notice, on 7 May 2008:
What is the progress of the Climate Change Social Impact Analysis which was tendered in November 2007.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
The Climate Change Social Impact Analysis is currently being finalised. This research was conducted as a partnership between the Chief Minister's Department and the ACT Community Inclusion Board. Upon provision of the final report both the ACT Government and the ACT Community Inclusion Board will assess the feasibility of interventions that could support low income, vulnerable and disadvantaged households to reduce their demand for resources, contribute to mitigating the effects of climate change and maintain access to essential goods and services.
(Question No 2073)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 7 May 2008 (redirected to the Attorney-General):
(1) How many parking infringement notices were issued in (a) 2005, (b) 2006 and (c) 2007;
(2) Which town centres do parking inspectors control;
(3) In those town centres outlined in part (2), do parking inspectors issue tickets for cars parked on verges, nature strips or footpaths;
(4) Are there any measures the public can take to report illegal parking on nature strips and footpaths in town centres where parking inspectors do not patrol.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The total number of parking infringements issued in:
(a) 2004/2005 was 120,656
(b) 2005/2006 was103,223
(c) 2006/2007 was 91,006
(2) Parking officers conduct enforcement patrols of all town centres;
(3) Parking officers issue all types of infringements in these areas including infringements for illegal parking on nature strips, footpaths and verges;
(4) Members of the public can report illegal parking by contacting Canberra Connect on 13 22 81 or via email to email@example.com.