Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 6 Hansard (27 June) . . Page.. 2413..
High Occupancy Taxi (5 or more passengers)
WAITING TIME (per hour)
For a journey commencing at the designated taxi rank at the Canberra International Airport where the taxi driver has paid the toll and holds the receipt issued by the Capital Airport Group.
single hiring - the toll
multiple hiring - for a multiple hire, the toll to be shared equally by each hirer
Live in Canberra campaign
(Question No 2068)
Mr Mulcahy asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 6 May 2008:
(1) How many people have moved to Canberra since the Live in Canberra campaign was initiated;
(2) Can the number of people outlined in part (1) who have moved as a direct result of the campaign be quantified; if so, how many;
(3) How much has been spent on the Live in Canberra campaign to date;
(4) How many trips have been undertaken and what was the destination of each trip;
(5) For each trip undertaken (a) what was the cost and (b) how many ACT Government staff went;
(6) On what criteria are target locations selected, who makes the decision and what is the process for measuring success.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) It is impossible to quantify the exact number however the Territory has had positive net migration since the program's inception. The latest figures from the ABS show a net population increase 5,200 people in the year ended September 2007.
International migration has increased from 450 in 2003/04 to 800 in 2006/07. Interstate migration moved from a net loss of 1,600 in 2003/04 to a net gain of 1,900 in 2006/07