Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 6 Hansard (27 June) . . Page.. 2386..
Terms of Reference for Review of No Waste Targets
(1) The Consultant is required to provide a review of the No Waste Strategy and Targets with a view to providing the Territory with options for achieving or deferring the targets within the existing budget constraints of the Territory and in accordance with the Services.
(2) The review should not be an analysis of the technological feasibility of achieving the No Waste Strategy. As a basis for the review an analysis of the economic, environmental and social costs and benefits of various options needs to be considered.
(3) Consideration also needs to be given to the political and social acceptability of deferring the No Waste target as well as environmental and financial implications.
(4) A report should clearly detail the anticipated costs associated with the options for achieving or deferring No Waste. A detailed analysis of various options needs to be conducted that includes an examination of the environmental, social and financial impacts of each option.
(5) In the preparation of their report the Consultant shall take into account all relevant information, such as previous reports, progress in other jurisdictions, emerging trends and developments including but not limited to:
(a) The No Waste by 2010 Strategy document;
(b) The Commissioner for the Environment's report on implementation of the No Waste Strategy;
(c) The Actual Costs of Waste Disposal in the ACT;
(d) The Waste Pricing Strategy for the ACT;
(e) ACT Government Platform;
(f) URS, Environment, Social and Financial Review of the No Waste Strategy;
(g) Turning Waste Into Resources;
(h) Relevant sections of the ACT Government 2006/07 Budget Papers;
(i) Waste strategies and achievements in other jurisdictions; and
(j) National waste initiatives.
ACT Health—occupational health and safety
(Question No 2042)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 10 April 2008: