Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 6 Hansard (27 June) . . Page.. 2385..
Answers to questions
No Waste Action Plan
(Question No 2033)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 8 April 2008:
(1) In relation to the review of the No Waste Action Plan 2003 to 2007, can the Minister advise (a) the terms of reference for the review, (b) the standards against which our achievements and progress will be assessed, (c) the consultation mechanisms that the department will use, (d) the current status of the review and (e) when the review will be made public;
(2) Can the Minister provide a copy of the review or advise where one can be obtained;
(3) Will the background information be made publicly available; if so, when;
(4) Will the review be open for consultation prior to the adoption of the 2008 to 2011 action plan.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) (a) The Terms of Reference for the Review are provided at Attachment 1.
(b) The achievements and progress of the NOWaste Policy and Strategy will be measured against the ACT's past performance and forwards targets for resource recovery and waste to landfill. Forwards targets are contained with the ACT Government Budget Papers and are regularly reported on to the Assembly. Additionally the Review will bench mark the ACT's waste minimisation policy and performance against other jurisdictions.
(c) The initial Departmental review will be completed without any stakeholder or public consultation. It is anticipated that the review will be forwarded to the Government for consideration by the end of July 2008.
(d) The review is in its final stages and it is expected to be completed by the end of May 2008.
(e) Once the Government has considered the review a decision will be made about its public release
(2) As stated in 1 (d) the Review is in its final stages and will not be completed until the end of May 2008.
(3) Refer to 1 (e).
(4) There will be a consultation process held prior to finalisation of a future waste minimisation policy and strategy for the ACT.