Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 5 Hansard (8 May) . . Page.. 1830..
(2) The reference to "leases"and "lessees"in your question should be to the "licences"and "licensees". With that in mind, if the paintball operators wish to undertake construction on their licensed land, they would have to lodge a Development Application with the ACT Planning and Land Authority (ACTPLA) and pay the relevant fees. Any such DA must be signed by TAMS as custodian of the unleased Territory land.
(3) Two DA's have been lodged for Block 585 Majura. DA number 200706094 was for an 18 metre by 6 metre "Colorbond"shed and was approved on 12 February 2008. DA number 200801630 was lodged on 28 March 2008 and is for a pergola attached to the approved "Colorbond"shed. This application has not yet been decided.
(4) ACTPLA has the power to grant Crown leases over Territory land. In addition, ACTPLA can grant licences over unleased Territory land including public land. The Department of Territory and Municipal Services (TAMS) has the power to grant permits under the Roads and Public Places Act 1937 for the temporary placement of an object on a public place. It is possible for ACTPLA to grant a licence to place an object on a public place but this is limited to the permanent placement of such an object and not a temporary placement.
(5) ACTPLA assesses DA's against the applicable planning regime. Part of that process may involve referral of the DA to a number of Territory agencies including TAMS for its comments. Those agency comments are incorporated in the decision on a DA by ACTPLA. In summary, while ACTPLA is the approval agency, custodians such as TAMS must sign the DA's and such agencies have input into the assessment process.
(Question No 2029)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 3 April 2008:
(2) Is there any other use that can be derived from the result of any of these listed services rendered besides the construction of a new concrete bridge.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows: