Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 5 Hansard (8 May) . . Page.. 1827..
(10) There are currently two active clients in the Day Program and two clients who have been admitted to hospital and expect to return to the Day Program once discharged. There are 20 clients currently receiving individual therapy with a further two to commence shortly.
(11) No. The National Mental Health Data Set does not gather eating disorder specific outcome data, this means that there is no published, validated statistics for national comparison.
(12) Yes. The EDP meets the six requirements of the "Worldwide Charter for Action"on Eating Disorders.
(13) Two hours. The teacher/tutor attends the EDP for one hour on Wednesday and Friday afternoons. Following consultation and the permission of clients, parents/guardians, the teacher/tutor makes telephone contact with the client's School.
(14) The teacher/tutor trial commenced in February 2008 and will be evaluated at the end of this first school semester. Discussions with parents, clients, the teacher, the teacher's supervisor, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) and EDP staff will form the basis of the assessment of the effectiveness of this teacher/tutor trial.
(15) The Mental Illness Education ACT (MIEACT) "Any Body's Cool"program was delivered 32 times to a combined audience of approximately 1275 students, teachers and parents in 2006-07. Qualitative evaluations are conducted at the end of each program. The evaluations consist of three components: written feedback from the students, written evaluation sheets from teachers, counsellors and youth workers and interviews with members of the cast and theatre director. Feedback received from students is reported as being "overwhelmingly positive". Examples of comment provided include "I learnt that is doesn't matter how you look, how big you are and how pretty you are. It's what is on the inside that counts". MIEACT have scheduled an external evaluation to commence later this year.
(Question No 2023)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 3 April 2008 (redirected to the Minister of Disability and Community Services):
(2) How many of the packages outlined in part (1) were for (a) males and (b) females;
(3) What was the total cost of these individual packages in (a) 2005-06, (b) 2006-07 and 2007-08 to date.