Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 5 Hansard (8 May) . . Page.. 1825..
Health—eating disorders program
(Question No 2022)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 3 April 2008:
(2) What was spent on EDP in (a) 2004-05 and (b) 2005-06;
(3) How many staff are currently employed at EDP;
(4) Are there any other education programs in the ACT besides "Any Body's Cool";
(5) What is the success rate for clients admitted to EDP and how is this determined;
(6) Is the dietician at EDP only part-time; if so, why;
(7) Does the psychiatrist only work once a fortnight for half a day at EDP; if so, why;
(8) If a client is deemed to be "chronic"or not "ill enough"by the program, where is he/she referred to;
(9) What programs are available for chronic older patients;
(10) How many clients are (a) currently in the Anorexia Day program at EDP and (b) in individual therapy;
(11) Are there any statistics on how the EDP compares with similar EDPs nationally;
(12) Does the EDP fit into the "Worldwide Charter for Action";
(13) How many hours a week is the trial teaching position and how does this person liaise with schools;
(14) Has the trial outlined in part (13) been effective; if so, how is this determined;
(15) What data is available for "Any Body's Cool"and how has this been found to result in good outcomes for young people, particularly in boosting self-esteem and body image.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(2) The full year budget for the EDP in 2004-05 was $390,227 and in 2005-06 was $396,947.
(3) Staffing at the EDP comprises 4.67 FTE, spread over 8 staff members.