Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 4 Hansard (10 April) . . Page.. 1354..
the 3 year bus shelter building program and are scheduled for installation by December 2009.
ACT Ambulance Service—subscription scheme
(Question No 1835)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 12 February 2008 (redirected to the Minister for Police and Emergency Services):
(1) Why is the ACT Ambulance Subscription Scheme no longer administered by the NIB Health Fund;
(2) When did the administration by NIB cease;
(3) Was NIB administering the Scheme under a contract with the ACT Government;
(4) Was the termination of that contract in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract;
(5) Is the Government's ACT Ambulance Subscription Scheme still operating; if not, why not;
(6) If the scheme has ceased, when did it cease;
(7) If the scheme is still operational, how and by whom is the scheme administered;
(8) Has the scheme changed in any way since NIB ceased its administration of the Scheme; if so, in what way.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) NIB chose to withdraw from the contract to provide the service.
(2) Under the contract, NIB was required to give 90 days notice to withdraw from the contract - this notification was given on 4 July 2007.
(5) All existing subscriptions are being honoured by NIB until they naturally expire. No new subscriptions are available.
(6) 2 October 2007.
(7) Not applicable.
(8) No applicable.