Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 3 Hansard (1 April) . . Page.. 809..
18 New section 322
322 Magistrates Court (Crimes Infringement Notice) Regulation 2008
(1) The provisions set out in the Crimes Amendment Act 2008, schedule 1 are taken, on the commencement of this section, to be a regulation made under this Act, section 119 (Regulations about infringement notice offences).
(2) To remove any doubt and without limiting subsection (1), the provisions set out in the Crimes Amendment Act 2008, schedule 1 may be amended or repealed as if they had been made as a regulation by the Executive under this Act, section 119.
(3) To remove any doubt, the regulation mentioned in subsection (1) is taken—
(a) to have been notified under the Legislation Act on the day the Crimes Amendment Act 2008 is notified; and
(b) to have commenced on the commencement day; and
(c) not to be required to be presented to the Legislative Assembly under the Legislation Act, section 64 (1).
(4) Subsections (1), (2) and (3) are laws to which the Legislation Act, section 88 (Repeal does not end effect of transitional laws etc) applies.
(5) This section expires on the day it commences.
Proposed new schedule 1
Page 12, line 9—
Schedule 1 New Magistrates Court (Crimes Infringement Notice) Regulation
(see s 18)
Australian Capital Territory
Magistrates Court (Crimes Infringement Notice) Regulation 2008
Subordinate Law SL2008-
made under the
Magistrates Court Act 1930