Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 3 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1051..
(Question No 1949)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability and Community Services, upon notice, on 5 March 2008:
(1) Is it a fact that diagnostic information is not routinely gathered regarding the rate of children with autism, which has continued to increase in the ACT;
(2) What action has been taken by the Minister since November 2007 to gather such information and when will this information be made available to the public.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) As I explained in response to QON 1839, information on clients with autism is collected by Therapy ACT. There is no requirement that people who have been diagnosed through the private system or interstate notify the government that they, or a child for whom they are responsible, has this disorder. Without complete data over a number of years, it is not possible to conclude that the rate of autism has increased in the ACT.
(2) The same information will continue to be collected by Therapy ACT. Consideration will be given to including the disability type of people receiving a service from Therapy ACT in the annual report for this year.
(Question No 1953)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Business and Economic Development, upon notice, on 5 March 2008:
(1) In relation to promotion activities of the relevant administrative unit under your responsibility, what promotional activities, publications and advertising in any media have been undertaken by (a) the department/agency/administrative unit, (b) the Minister's Office or (c) any other office or agency on behalf of the department/agency/administrative unit or Minister's office in the 2007-08 financial year to date;
(2) What was the total amount spent on such activities as outlined in part (1) and was it costed to (a) the department/agency/administrative unit, (b) the Minister's office, (c) another Minister's office or (d) another agency/department/administrative unit;
(3) Can the Minister detail the promotional activities, publications and advertising undertaken by (a) the department/agency/administrative unit, (b) the Minister's Office, (c) another Minister's office or (d) another agency/department/administrative unit on behalf of the Minister or the department/agency/administrative unit;
(4) What were the promotional activities, publications and advertising meant to achieve, did they achieve their purposes and how was that measured;