Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 3 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1037..
'Mooseheads' in the City; if so, what will become of the public carpark which incorporates most of Block 23 and will a new building include public parking.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
The Government is giving consideration to including the release of part Section 19 Block 23, City in the Land Release Program for 2008/09. If the site is included in the Land Release Program, it will be released in accordance with the requirements of Amendment 59 to the National Capital Plan and the Urban Design Guidelines to be prepared by the National Capital Authority for a mixed use commercial development on the site.
Any development on the site will include a requirement for the provision of public car parking. The Government anticipates that the car parking requirement would exceed the number of public car parking spaces currently available on the site.
(Question No 1892)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 14 February 2008:
(1) What promotional activities, publications and advertising in any media have been undertaken by the (a) department, (b) the Minister's Office or (c) any other office or agency on behalf of the Department or Minister's office in the 2007-08 financial year to date;
(2) What was the total amount spent on such activities as outlined in part (1) and was it costed to (a) the department/agency, (b) the Minister's office, (c) another Minister's office or (d) another agency/department;
(3) Can the Minister detail the promotional activities, publications and advertising undertaken by (a) the department/agency, (b) the Minister's Office, (c) another Minister's office or (d) another agency/department on behalf of the Minister or the department/agency;
(4) What were the promotional activities, publications and advertising meant to achieve, did they achieve their purposes and how was that measured;
(5) How much has been allocated both within the Minister's office and the department/agency for these activities in the 2007-08 financial year to date.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1)&(3) I am not prepared to authorise the use of the considerable resources that would be involved in collating the requested information for all public schools in the ACT.
(2)&(5) The Media and Communications team within the Department of Education and Training has spent $30 310 in the year 2007-08, as at 19 February 2008, for local promotion and advertising of public education in the ACT. This is from a financial year allocation of $100 000. This figure does not include invoices yet to be paid. It also does not include staffing costs and promotional activities undertaken by schools.