Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 3 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1019..
Online Payments (1)
2006 - 2007
2005 - 2006
2004 - 2005
88 893 / 25% (2)
71 212 / 20%
48 970 / 14%
Establish Registration (3)
Transfer Registration (3)
(1) Online is defined as internet payments, and payments made by BPay
(2) 88 893 or 25% of all registration renewals were paid online
(3) Cannot be paid online due to regulatory requirements
(Question No 1833)
Mr Mulcahy asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 12 February 2008:
(1) What consultation has occurred with Garran residents in relation to the location of the new helipad at The Canberra Hospital;
(2) Has consideration been given to the impact of flight paths on local residents;
(3) Has any work been undertaken to, where possible, ensure that all helicopters use a uniform flight path when entering and exiting the hospital; if so, what has been the outcome of this work;
(4) Do all operators use, or endeavour to use, uniform flight paths.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) There are no plans to relocate the helipad in the immediate future. However, I am advised that ACT Health continues to examine options for the long-term location of the helipad at The Canberra Hospital (TCH). Any proposed changes will include consultation with the community, through the normal planning process.
(2) The impact of flight paths on the local community is taken into consideration, along with air safety regulations and proximity to roadways and adjacent buildings.
(3) The standard flight path for approach to and departure from the hospital helipad has remained unchanged since the facility was established.
(4) I am advised that helicopter operators have been provided with information on the flight paths for approaching and departing the helipad. However, various factors such as prevailing weather conditions, extent of local knowledge and overall safety concerns may cause crews to vary their flight path from time to time.
(Question No 1839)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability and Community Services, upon notice, on 12 February 2008: