Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 1 Hansard (14 February) . . Page.. 362..
implications of the range of Economic White Actions has resulted in some prioritisation around implementation timeframes. Matters pertinent to Action 40 are addressed in the earlier answer.
(2) There are no such 'orders'.
(3) There has been no such determination.
(4) See answer to question (3).
(5) See answer to question (3).
(A copy of the attachment is available at the Chamber Support Office).
(Question No 1820)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 6 December 2007 (redirected to the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services):
(1) What plans exist for the provision of an enclosed oval in Gungahlin;
(2) When is it scheduled to provide such an oval;
(3) What interim provision has been made for clubs in the Gungahlin region who are identified as requiring an enclosed oval for their sporting activities.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) A site has been identified in the Gungahlin Town Centre for an enclosed oval since the early stages of the Centre's planning. It is at the western end of the Town Centre within Crinigan Circle.
(2) There are no definite plans at this stage for construction of this facility. Some preliminary concept planning for the facility is currently being undertaken by consultants working for the Department of Territory and Municipal Services.
(3) At Nicholls a part of the district playing fields has been fenced and this serves as the competition and training base for the Gungahlin Eagles in the ACT Rugby Union competition. The limited number of other Gungahlin based teams in senior competitions, who are generally the users of enclosed ovals, play matches elsewhere in Canberra.