Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 1 Hansard (14 February) . . Page.. 358..
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The current cost of a single additional uniformed ACT Policing recruit is $94,860 in the first year of employment.
(2) (a) $47,390 of this is salary and;
(b) $47,470 is employee on-costs (including composite, leave, superannuation and workers compensation) and administrative on-costs.
(Question No 1810)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Tourism, Sport and Recreation, upon notice, on 5 December 2007:
(1) What has happened to the $8 million appropriated by the Assembly to build a dragway;
(2) Is the Government still committed to its promise made in 2004 to build a dragway within 18 months of re-election to government and is it still ACT Government policy;
(3) Has the Minister met with proponents of the dragway to discuss their concerns about the progress of the project;
(4) How much has the ACT Government spent on various studies on the dragway since 2001;
(5) What assessment has been made, in relation to the proposal to contribute money to the cost of a dragway in Goulburn, as to (a) the economic impact for the ACT, (b) the tourism impact for the ACT and (c) whether it will diminish the level of street racing and other similar activities in the ACT;
(6) What is the outcome of those assessments;
(7) In relation to the proposal to contribute to the cost of a dragway in Goulburn, what consultations were conducted with stakeholders in the dragway that was proposed for the ACT and what were the outcomes of those consultations.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The $8 million remains allocated in the budget for the proposed dragway, as outlined on page 305 of 2007-08 Budget Paper No. 4.
(2) The Government remains committed to the establishment of a dragway if a suitable site can be identified.
(3) I have corresponded with the dragway proponents on many occasions to ensure they are up to date on progress in identifying an appropriate dragway site.
(4) Since the Government's announcement to allocate $8 million in the 2004-05 Budget to build a dragway, approximately $165,000 has been expended on feasibility studies.