Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 1 Hansard (14 February) . . Page.. 356..
(Question No 1805)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 4 December 2007:
(1) When was ComTrol implemented;
(2) What was the cost of implementing ComTrol;
(3) What is the ongoing cost of ComTrol;
(4) How many sprinkler systems on ovals are utilised by ComTrol;
(5) Could the Minister provide any further details regarding ComTrol.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Comtrol was installed across most ACT Government sportsgrounds in 1992/93. There have been a small number of further installations in subsequent years.
(2) The cost of the major initial installation program was approximately $2 million.
(3) Comtrol is the computerised control mechanism and associated radio communication network integrated with the irrigation systems at most ACT Government sportsgrounds and as such it is not possible to separate specific costs associated with its operation.
(4) There are 44 sportsground sites operated by Comtrol in south Canberra and 32 in north Canberra. Sites may vary in size between small neighbourhood ovals through to large district playing field complexes with multiple grounds.
(5) Comtrol manages the application of irrigation through a formula based on soil moisture, root depth, drying factor, grass species and daily net evaporation. Combining these factors and the time available for irrigation between sporting usage and maintenance operations, the system determines the optimum delivery of water.
Canberra Hospital—pedestrian safety
(Question No 1808)
Mr Mulcahy asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 5 December 2007:
(1) Did the Government consider the construction of a pedestrian underpass or overpass as part of the new car park project across Yamba Drive to The Canberra Hospital; if not, has the Government ever considered such a project;
(2) Has ACT Treasury ever examined such a project; if so, what is the estimated cost of the project;
(3) What is the Government's view of such a project;