Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 13 Hansard (6 December) . . Page.. 4171..
(7) A range of actions are available under the Land Act, which escalate depending on the seriousness of the issue and level of inaction, but which is subject to legal processes.
(8) ACTPLA can enforce its decisions under the Land Act, however, this can be subject to legal processes that seek to ensure procedural fairness.
West Belconnen fire station
(Question No 1812)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 5 December 2007:
(1) How many staff are rostered to the West Belconnen Fire Station;
(2) What equipment is regularly housed at the station;
(3) What other fire-related activities are carried out from the site.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) There is routinely four staff on duty at West Belconnen Fire Station. During days of Very High Fire Danger or Total Fire Ban this number may increase to eight.
(2) There is regularly one urban pumper, one light tanker and one heavy tanker housed at the station.
(3) Staff at West Belconnen Station undertake the full range of activities as carried out at all Canberra Fire Stations. This includes response to urban and bush fires, road accident rescue, hazardous materials, general rescue, storm damage, hazard inspections, childcare inspections, community fire unit training and community education.
(Question No 1814)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for Housing, upon notice, on 5 December 2007:
(1) Are public housing homes monitored for water usage; if so, how regularly;
(2) Are public housing tenants made aware of their water usage and, if need be, informed of unsustainable usage;
(3) Are checks made on public housing homes to ensure there are no leaks or problems, or is it up to the tenant to monitor these issues.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Monitoring of water usage at public housing properties using data supplied by ACTEW commenced recently. Water invoices are being scanned for high or inconsistent water consumption whilst automation of the system is being investigated;